It can be easy to get carried away with the design for your eCommerce shop, but remember to include these essential elements.
1. Include a clear logo on the page. It sounds simple but can be easily forgotten.
2. Make the Shopping Cart easily visible. Luckily the WebBoss and BlogBoss systems does this automatically, so you have one less thing to worry about!
3. Have log in and register links. This will make it easier for members to navigate the shop as they can sign in and will also encourage new visitors to register.
4. Search box. Whilst the search box is a built in part of the WebBoss system, don ™t forget to enter your keywords so that your visitors can utilise it to its full potential.
5. Social media can be an organic method of advertising your products, as customers will share their purchases. WebBoss makes this easy for you by always placing social media icons on product pages and in the footer of every page. All you have to do is link your accounts!
6. Including a contact phone number will help to instil trust in your customer. If they know that they are able to call to discuss any possible queries or issues they will be more comfortable in ordering from your website. Place this contact information either in the header so that it is easy to find, or else at the bottom of the page if the top does not fit your design.
7. If you are selling brands give them a prominent place and show them off. Customers trust brand names and flaunting them can help to invite them to have a look around.
8. Make offers and promotions easily visible to entice people in. If you are offering free shipping on purchases over a certain amount, advertise it on your home page! If you have a sale beginning make the most of the sale overlays in the shop section and highlight all of your products. Not only can you create voucher codes within the WebBoss system but you can mass edit categories and products to make your sale merchandising easier!
9. Keep your customers up to date with new products. The shop module will can mark items as new, or else utilise the blog module to keep your customers up to date!