In October Facebook released its financial reports for the third quarter and the company is steadily growing bigger and stronger. This report shows that:
- There has been a 19% increase of daily users for September 2014 compared to September 2013. That ™s an average total of 864 million people!
- Daily mobile use has dramatically increased (39%).
- Monthly users have increased to an average of 1.35 billion, an increase of 14% on last year.
- Monthly active users for mobile devices also increased dramatically (29%). That ™s an average total of 1.12 billion people.
So what does it mean for businesses using Facebook?
For more in depth information click to read the Facebook Reports for the Third Quarter 2014 Results. Even if you ignore the increase of funds that Facebook has received from advertising, the increase in daily users of Facebook is substantial. This means that increasingly people are turning to Facebook to socialise and browse. To make the most of this ensure that your Facebook page is properly branded and updated frequently.
More importantly users are visiting Facebook using mobile devices so ensure that you optimise your posts to reflect this by following these tips to help engage with your Facebook customers on mobile.
- Use images. Users are more likely to stop and look at an image than read a long text post. If you need to write a long text post try to include an image with it to catch their eye.
- Keep text posts short. You get limited space in the timeline on a mobile device, and if your post is too long, part of it will get cut off.
- Update your business information. With more and more people using Facebook to find nearby businesses, make sure your business information is correct so that customers can find you.
Facebook isn ™t going away so make the most of it as a free marketing tool and watch how your business grows!