In a recent Favourite Friday blog, we mentioned how Facebook Live was our favourite thing to come out of Social Media in 2016. Whilst many people have embraced this into their online routine, as a business you may be unsure of how you can best utilise this new trend. Well fear no more as we will give you 5 different situations in which you can go live on Facebook as a business.
But, first things first, for those of us not in the know, here is a brief step by step on how to go live!
- Check your internet connection. Where possible use a reliable Wi-Fi network, as you don’t want to use up all your data! Using Wi-Fi should also help to provide a better connection so users can see and hear all that you do!
- Go to your Facebook page and click “Status”. From here simply click on the Live icon (this is the silhouette of a person with waves surrounding them).
- Choose your audience! You can broadcast yourself to the audience that would best benefit from your video. After you have selected your audience you can write a brief description of what your broadcast will be about to tempt people into watching!
- When you’re ready click “Go Live”. A three second countdown will appear, and then you will be able to begin.
- Action! You are live, so keep it interesting and interact with those watching. Comments and reactions will appear on your screen so that you can communicate with your viewers.
- When you have finished, click “Finish” in the corner of your screen.
- Voila. You have completed your first Facebook Live video. Now the video will be loaded onto your Facebook page so others can watch it.
So now that you are ready to go Live you need to think about how you are going to fill the time? If this is your first time going live we would suggest some planning to help take the pressure off! We have even included 5 different possible ideas that you could use for your broadcast below! These are a great place to start but the opportunities are endless!
- Unveil/Unboxing products. Are you part of an eCommerce business? Why not try a live unboxing video of a long-awaited product? Unboxing videos are still a popular choice on YouTube and could be a great way to harness your audience. These videos can be simple and focus on the product. You can also provide a link to the product to add a call to action to your broadcast.
- Tips for using product/service. This is a great idea for any business. You can utilise Facebook Live to provide a demonstration of your product or service. If you sell products, you could select your best seller and show users how to get the most out of it, or the reasons why so many people love it. Alternatively, if you provide a service, show your customers how you perform tasks or how to use the software you have created. With this type of broadcast, you should also be able to interact with your audience as questions or reactions make their way through.
- Look behind the scenes of your business. We can never say this enough: customers like to buy from a person. Your audience wants to know that you are a real person not just a business, and going behind the scenes to show how your business works or even an interview with a member of staff can help you to seem more approachable.
- To talk about an event. Do you have something big planned? Unveil it in style using Facebook live. You could even build it up by creating a social countdown via posts.
- Address FAQ’s. Every business has a list of frequently asked questions, and making them available to your customers is an absolute must. Should you want to create a live stream regarding FAQ’s you could schedule it with your followers the week before and request questions. This should help to build your community and encourage your customers to interact with you!
In this age of new media and technology there is a growing need for a genuine connection to your customers for them to trust you and part with their cash/time/insert-other-resource-dear-to-them, and a Facebook Live video can easily help to reinforce this, alongside your other marketing.